Friday, January 27, 2012

Goal - Baby food

One of my goals for the new year was to begin to make my own baby food. I had intended to make my own food from the start but was quickly drawn in to the world of easily bought pre packaged baby food. I justified it by buying the organic kind, I was spending a small fortune. So for the welfare of my son and our bank account, I decided to make my own.
Making your own baby food is a lot easier then I thought it would be. If I had realized how cheap and easy it was I would have started doing it as soon as Jude began eating solids. One thing that makes it so easy is this awesome Christmas gift from my parents



I simply make up a batch of whatever organic fruit i could find for a good price and freeze it in those cute little trays or keep in the fridge. a few hours before mealtime i pull out whatever I want to use and it is fresh and ready. I feel so much better feeding my child food that has nothing other fruit/veggies with a little bit of water and for a fraction of the price. I realize that you could probably use any blender and ice cube trays but i am the kind of person who is deeply motivated by how cute the things I am using are. Doesn't that smiling face make the process seem happy? I think so.

dscf4190.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment